If you require assistance with your sash windows in Herne Hill, you can rely on us to offer a helping hand. Our comprehensive services include sash window repairs, replacements and refurbishments to return them to their best possible condition. Our team are experts when it comes to sash and casement windows, and can discuss your requirements with you before assessing the condition of your windows and recommending the most effective course of action and providing a quote.
Having already repaired and replaced sash windows throughout Herne Hill, we are the right choice for your property. Residents based on Finseen Road, Fawnbrake Avenue and elsewhere in the area have opted for our experts and have not been disappointed with the results. If you would like to make an enquiry regarding our sash window services in Herne Hill, call us now on 020 3993 3609 and we would be happy to discuss it with you further.
Handcrafted timber-framed sash windows in Herne Hill
Once you have chosen new sash windows for your home in Herne Hill, we get to work manufacturing them by hand and our team apply a meticulous attention to detail on every window. Find out more about our process:
- Once you have chosen the right windows for your property, they are made by us to your exact preferences and specifications.
- Before making and installing your new sash windows, we visit your property to measure the dimensions of your existing windows to make sure the new ones are a perfect fit.
- Each window is produced using Scandinavian kiln-dried redwood, which we have found is the most long lasting and sturdy material.
- If you have an alternative idea for the type of wood to make your new windows, you can speak to our team regarding this, and we will come up with something to suit your needs.
- Once manufacturing is complete, we can hand paint your windows to a finish of your choosing so that they are ready for installation.
Double glazed and triple glazed sash windows in Herne Hill
When replacing or repairing sash windows at your property Herne Hill, you may want to consider double glazing, triple glazing or vacuum glazing. Many of our customers decide this is the best option for them as double-glazed windows provide more insulation. Having two panes of glass installed means that the trapped air or gas between them will slow down heat escaping through your windows and keep your home warmer for longer in the winter. The savings you can see on your energy bills make this something worth considering. This also reduces noise pollution in your home, as the multiple layers of glass prevent sound passing through as easily. This can make all the difference if your home is near a busy road, as it will reduce traffic and other unwanted sounds passing through your home. Triple glazing is also an option you should consider, due to providing another layer of insultation and further reducing noise.
Sash window replacements in Herne Hill
If your property in Herne Hill has sash windows that have become damaged or worn over years of use, we can offer different solutions depending on their condition. Our team can assess the condition of your windows and provide our advice to you on whether a replacement is required. If this is the case, you have two different options for replacement, which include:
- A complete replacement, where our team remove all of your sash windows, then install replacements that have been handmade to suit the requirements of you and your home.
- An alternative option is to have a partial replacement, where if your box frames are in good enough condition they can be restored and left in place, and only replacement sashes need to be fitted. This allows your windows to have new sash cords and beads to keep it opening and closing smoothly, whilst also ensuring proper insulation.
Sash window repairs in Herne Hill
Sash window replacements are not always necessary, as our experts can carry out repairs at your Herne Hill property to bring them back to their former condition. Common problems with timber sash windows include damaged and rotting wood, broken sash cords or beads, loose panes of glass, or poor insulation caused by ineffective draught excluders. Having dealt with these problems before, we can effectively repair wooden windows, restoring the timber, replacing broken parts and restoring insulation to make your windows effective once again. Our skilled team have extensive experience working on aging sash windows, so you can rely on them to decide on the most effective treatment.
Why choose Wandsworth Sash Windows in Herne Hill?
Having been trusted by residents in Herne Hill and throughout South London, our customers have come to expect quality, whether its sash window replacements or restoration. We are the right choice for your home.
- Each window is carefully made by hand, to your specific requirements.
- Our expertise allows us to recommend the best course of action for your wooden sash windows, whether it is a repair or complete replacement.
- Each window we make for your property will be measured carefully so that it is a perfect fit and provides maximum insulation.
- Our process involves holding a consultation first to find out which of our services you require, then offering you a detailed quote for our services.
- Every bespoke window that we produce is manufactured in the UK by us. We assess the quality of each window at our workshop before it is ready to be installed.
- We use environmentally friendly methods throughout the process of making your new windows, and all the timber that we use is sourced responsibly.
A review from a sash window customer in Herne Hill
We have built our reputation in Herne Hill for quality and reliability when it comes to sash window repairs and installation. Find out more about what you can expect from us by reading some of our customer reviews.