The British Woodworking Federation (BWF) is the trade association for the woodworking and joinery manufacturing industry in the UK and Wandsworth Sash Windows have been proud members for many years.
Members are made up from a wealth of different sectors within our niche, from manufacturers, distributors, and installers of timber doors, windows, conservatories, staircases, furniture through to all forms of bespoke, interior and architectural joinery. Suppliers to the woodworking sector can also become members.
Why are Wandsworth Sash Windows proud to be members?
As experts working with all types of joinery, we hand craft all our own products to ensure they are of the highest quality and fit perfectly. We are passionate about working with wood not just because it is beautiful looking, low maintenance, easy to repair, adaptable, versatile and durable, but because when purchased from well-managed sources (as is always the case with our timber), it is a sustainable, environmentally friendly resource too. Therefore, we are proud to be members of the BWF who share the same core values as ourselves and as such, follow their code of conduct, against which all members are audited. Their focus is on ‘Building it Better with Wood’, promoting the inherent advantages of wood, particularly the sustainability and productivity advantages of working with timber materials.
It is also great to belong to a community within our industry where we can share challenges, experiences, seek advice and find solutions together. The support and guidance from the federation allows successful businesses like ours to run safe and compliant companies and deliver safe and compliant products and services. In fact, over the last few years, their practical guidance on the challenges and threats facing the industry, including Brexit and COVID-19 has been especially helpful to us.
Here are just some of the ways that The British Woodworking Federation helps Wandsworth Sash Windows and other members, flourish:
Source: The British Woodworking Federation
As joinery manufacturers and installers, we have plenty of things to juggle in terms of regulatory changes but being members of BWF allows us to truly focus on the needs of our customers. We can deal with day-to-day business and stay ahead of change without compromising the needs and wants of our customers.
Why do we love working with wood?
This is an easy question for us to answer! Here are a few of our top reasons for being passionate about wood being our preferred material to work with:
- It looks beautiful. Wood is visually attractive and warm to the touch. It is made up of a spectrum of colours, textures, patterns and properties and can be finished in several different ways.
- It allows us to be sympathetic to the needs of older properties. Period properties can be compassionately resorted using timber, retaining their traditional attraction. Plus, the use of uPVC windows is often restricted by planning control in conservation areas and listed buildings for this very reason.
- Longevity. We offer durable wood species and use preservative treatments to protect from weather conditions. With a bit of simple maintenance, your products can last for at least 30 years.
- Great energy efficiency. Wood is a natural insulator and wooden windows offer better thermal performance than steel or aluminium framed windows.
- Kind to the planet. Trees are experts at absorbing carbon dioxide and emitting oxygen. Managed felling and replanting can increase this effect further, since young, growing trees absorb and emit more than older trees.
Check out all our accreditations on the Wandsworth Sash Window homepage as well as the Made in Britain Campaign that we are also avid supporters of. It is an initiative that supports and promotes British-made products. When you buy from us, you know that you are doing your part to support British talent, British jobs and the British economy.