At Wandsworth Sash Windows, we are also experts in supplying and installing bespoke casement windows. As with our sash windows, all casement windows are made to measure in our Sussex-based workshop, by UK craftsmen.
A casement window is hinged, generally at the side or top. There can be a single casement sash or multiple casement sashes fitted into one frame, so lots of different looks and configurations can be achieved. Casement windows have many benefits for homeowners and business owners, making them one of the most popular styles in the UK.
Why casement windows?
Casement windows are a popular choice for both modern and period homes. They are regularly installed in properties throughout the UK and can either be replaced to match the existing style and opening design, or completely changed to give your property a new look. Our are made from Scandinavian kiln-dried redwood as standard, making them strong and sturdy – other types of wood are available on request.
There are many benefits involved for you – here are some of the main advantages of casement windows:
- Thermal efficiency. Opening casement sashes close tightly against the frame and an airtight seal is created by our high quality compression seals. Only fixed-pane windows are more efficient (because they don’t open at all!)
- Good for ventilation. Casement windows have it all – thermal efficiency and good ventilation. They can open wider than other types of window, creating better airflow within a property.
- Aesthetically versatile. Use glazing bars to change the aesthetic, or opt for an open construction for an unobstructed view. Even in a dual-sash casement, there is only a thin frame between the two sashes.
- Excellent security. The locks that are used on casement windows are hook shaped and fitted into the frame, making them extra secure. You can also choose key locking handles for additional security.
- A variety of finishes. Your casement windows can be made from a variety of materials that will provide different finishes and benefits depending on your preferences.
Why choose us for your casement windows?
We are experienced casement window manufacturers and installers, making all parts of your windows in our Sussex-based workshop. We measure up beforehand and make your windows specifically for you. This means they will fit perfectly, making them even more thermally efficient.
We are highly experienced and will be more than happy to recommend the right window styles and designs for your property. When you contact us about your casement windows, our surveyors will come out and assess your property to make sure we can create the perfect design to suit your needs.
At Wandsworth Sash Windows, we are:
There are no pressure selling techniques with us.
We have extensive knowledge of the window industry.
Ask us anything before you arrange your survey.
Your windows will be manufactured and fitted efficiently.
At Wandsworth Sash Windows, we make all our windows, doors, and joinery by hand in our Sussex-based workshop.
Help us support homegrown craftsmanship and create local jobs – buy British.
Contact the Wandsworth Sash Windows team
Talk to us – we can help with your bespoke window, door and joinery requirements. You are very welcome to pop into our showroom, which is based at Unit 2, Kangley Business Centre, Kangley Bridge Road, London SE26 5AQ.
You can call us on 020 7924 7303 or email .