SUBSCRIBE

Name
Email Address

Frequently Asked Questions

A. All the sash windows and other windows and doors that we supply are fully compliant with Document L Building Regulations. New sash windows, casement windows or doors that fit into existing frames are not required to comply with regulations as such work does not affect the structure of a building. Listed buildings and conservation area properties may be exempt from regulations – your local planning authority will be able to advise you if you are unsure.

A. We are perfectly capable of matching the existing design of any sash windows, casement windows or doors that your home already possesses. We are experts at matching modern, energy-efficient production methods with traditional joinery techniques.

A. We are CERTASS qualified and members of the Guild of Master Craftsmen

A. We certainly can! We can replace existing single glazed sashes with new double glazed sashes.

A. If you live in a listed property, then it is unlikely that approval will be granted for double glazing. All work that is proposed to alter a listed building in any way must have local authority approval. Approval has been granted to some Grade II listed buildings in the past, though, using ultra slim 12mm thick double glazed units

A. That depends on the type of window, but generally we use high-security locks that come with independent manufacturer guarantees and which are insurance approved. These come in a variety of finishes that allow you to marry security with a traditional appearance.

A. That depends on your budget. It’s cheaper to repair your windows, but replacement is the better, long-term solution.

A. 99% of our work is done from the inside and will not require scaffolding. For the remaining 1% we consider the supply and constructing of scaffolding to be a specialist area and therefore it is not within our expertise to do this for you. We can supply the names of scaffolding companies for you, but we do not make any specific recommendations.

A. In most cases, if you live in a conservation area and you are replacing your windows with like for like replacements you will not need planning permission, even if you are upgrading from single glazed to double glazed. However, we always recommend that you contact your local council for more information because rules and regulations can vary from street to street.

A. Absolutely, we are able to draw up CAD drawings of what your windows would look like on our specialist joinery software. We are also able to provide a full specification of our windows in order to satisfy local planning needs.

A. We like to think so, although we do provide what we believe to be the very best in end-to-end services with regards to windows and doors of many shapes and size, so our prices reflect that.

A. All the replacement windows we supply come fully decorated and are installed as such. .

A. The effectiveness and efficiency of some double glazing options is better than others. We’ll be happy to talk you through the best options for your situation.

A. We use a range of glass, depending on the levels of security, safety, sound-proofing and energy-efficiency that are required, plus we can use sandblasted glass for privacy.

A. We can offer you the complete range of window services from the draught seal and overhaul of one window to replacing all the windows in your entire building.

A. There’s usually no doubt that if your home’s sash windows are in need of replacement, then having them replaced will add value to your home, in some cases clients have told us that our work was directly responsible for achieving the sale of their home – particularly where there were old aluminium or UPVC windows installed previously

A. All you need to do is contact us. Phone Wandsworth Sash Windows on 020 7924 7303, or send us a message through our contact form by clicking here.


No matter what your needs might be, we are always on hand for help and advice.


How can we help?

Please click on the link for the service that describes your needs:


produced by